TRAVEL GRANT CRITERIA
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Please read prior to completing the application form:
Travel Grants are designed to provide the opportunity for clinicians, researchers and nurses in the early stages of their career to broaden their education and experience in gastroenterology & hepatology, especially in areas of research relevant to these fields, by attendance at GESA AGW 2017.
- Grant are AUD$1,500 including GST each. The total amount cannot be increased under any circumstances.
- Grants are fully sponsored and administered by the GESA AGW 2017 Scientific Program Committee.
- The Grant can only be used to fund attendance at GESA AGW 2017 and is not transferable.
- The Grant funds do not replace any existing funds, which have been allocated from another source.
- Travel is to be booked thru the GESA approved travel agent.
- All applications must be on the official application form.
- The closing date for applications is COB Monday 10 July 2017.
- All applicants will be notified by email of the result of their application in late July 2017.
- Applicants must be clinicians, researchers or nurses within seven (7) years of graduation from their highest degree, working in the broad field of gastroenterology/hepatology and a current financial member of their Society.
- Applicants must have submitted and had accepted an Abstract for GESA AGW 2017 and plan to attend the full core program.
- Grants will be allocated in two ways:
- (a) Young Researchers; and
- (b) Those from remote locations.
- In both cases assessment will be based on financial need, as well as the other criteria.
- The applicant’s supervisor must endorse the application.